Joining code is: FREEDOM FOR ALL
You must make a post within 48 hours of joining or you will be deleted!

Download Veronica Chapman's books - https://www.freemanmovement.com/veronica-chapman/

How To Stop The TV Licence People From Knocking

This forum is for all licensing matters, for example, the driving licence or TV licence. The American spelling is license but they mean the same thing - a con! Moreover, when you apply for one, you are begging them to give it to you.
Milkman
Almost Free
Almost Free

How To Stop The TV Licence People From Knocking

Post by Milkman »

How To Stop The TV Licence People From Knocking On Your Door.

What is the best method to stop the TV Licence goons from coming to my door and disturbing my peace?
I have put up a notice that has withdrew the implied right of access to people.
I also have a fee schedule attached saying that if they are cold callers and either ring the door bell or knock on my door and disturb my peace they will be charged £10,000. Some idiots still knock and I had yet another TV Licence man coming and ignoring my notices. He went after I opened the door with my camcorder.

Other than the above, what other methods work to stop these intruders coming on my property unannounced?

Rodders
Released
Released

Re: How To Stop The TV Licence People From Knocking

Post by Rodders »

You need to write to them when they send a letter to the householder or tenant whatever and say you do not watch live television and you have withdrew their implied right of access to your property. This applies to rented properties too. They will then not bother you for two years and will even tell you so. Presumably the two years will be in case you move so just do the same when they contact you again.

PS: don't sign anything from them and definitely do not let them in your house. Finally you are not obliged to tell anyone your name - especially these lot so don't tell them.
Jed

Post by Jed »

The television licence people should not be allowed to come to your door and ask if you have a TV licence.
That is disturbing your peace!
They ask such stupid questions like "do you have a television".
Do we get the DVLA coming to the door asking if we have a car just because we are not on record as having a driving licence?
Keep displaying a "removal of implied right of access" on your door or preferably your gate or outer boundary.
If you inadvertently bump into the goons, keep recording them while telling them you have remover their implied right of access to your property.
Do not answer any of their questions.
They are public servants and you are the master.
You ask them questions and tell them what to do - not the other way round.
I am free and they will not tell me otherwise :angel:
Zero
Almost Free
Almost Free

Post by Zero »

If you answer the door to them just tell them to leave the property and do not answer any of their questions. If they don't leave tell them you will video them and take their picture. They will make a sharp exit.
Jester
Not Shackled
Not Shackled

Post by Jester »

They will leave you alone for two years if you tell them to get lost which I did.
I took the advice years ago of not telling them your name or sign anything.
When they come back I will tell them the same thing.
Get off the property I have no telly.
Milkman
Almost Free
Almost Free

Post by Milkman »

Are we allowed to lock the front and back gates so nobody can enter our property and put barbed wire up?
That's how I am feeling at the moment.
Tanner

Post by Tanner »

Milkman wrote:Are we allowed to lock the front and back gates so nobody can enter our property and put barbed wire up?
That's how I am feeling at the moment.
You can lock your gates and keep the boundary closed too.
Barbed wire is not attractive at all so I wouldn't recommend it and don't be tempted to put up broken glass. The reason I say this is if anyone tries to get into your property and injure themselves, you could be in trouble. It doesn't matter if they have a right to try and get on your property or not. The fact is that a lot of property owners have ended up in court by using harsh means of protecting their property.

You can't shoot people for being on your property and you cant use any other weapon to guard your property. I would say that one of the best ways to protect your property from intruders is to get a noisy dog. I say noisy as it sends out a signal to the would be trespasser that there is a danger and they will think twice. I think that they can still sue you if they get injured from the dog. Apparently you cant have a sign saying "beware of the dog" either as it is saying that you have a dangerous dog. You can put the dogs picture up on the wall or your window though. That doesn't stop these people putting poison food in your garden to kill off the dog or render it useless.

One final piece of advice is to get some CCTV systems installed that upload directly to the internet or cloud. That way they cant steal the evidence.

Good luck protecting your property from intruders but as you can see its more difficult to protect your property than you would imagine.

Here is some footage of Albert Dryden from County Durham, England who tried to protect his property.

(Restricted - go to YouTube and search.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13777583
Mike

Post by Mike »

Make your boundary as safe and secure as you like and if anyone wants to visit you have a notice saying you are available by appointment only. Also ensure that you have on the notice that there are conditions attached to their visit. Cold callers will also be a thing of the past as they will not make an appointment.
Keep the bastards honest.
Jed

Post by Jed »

Some things here are a bit drastic. Why not just make your boundary safe and secure with notices at the front and back if need be. That way your neighbours won't get annoyed with barbed wire and broken bottles on your walls. After all, if these people ignore your notices you can have a lot of fun.
I am free and they will not tell me otherwise :angel:
Zero
Almost Free
Almost Free

Post by Zero »

Jed wrote:Some things here are a bit drastic.
When the television licence people come they are sometimes acting drastic.
Drastic action calls for drastic measures .... well that's what I think :lol: